Tuesday 9 June 2009

International Pagan Values Month

I almost forgot! I was so caught up with all that shit going around with Colt 45 (which, by the way, is still on air!) that I forgot that June is supposedly International Pagan Values Month (thanks Sannion for the tip). Of course, we're encouraged to blog about it. Lovely, in'nit?

Just give me a few minutes to arrange or write something about the positive values of the various "paganisms" around the world (with focus on my own). If not, maybe a few videos or pictures exhibiting ethnic paganism (the type I practise).



As many of you already know,
I am Pagan. The word can mean a lot of things, but for me and a lot of people I know, it means "my own", "native", and "original". I consider myself in the religion of nature, of now and the past, of life's many celebrations, of diversity, and of striving for harmony with the rest of the universe. Call it Spinoza's or Einstein's idea, whatever, I think god is nature and nature is god; everything is interconnected, everything deserves some form of respect, and stuff like that. And whilst I'm not too fond of labels, especially a label that's been soaked up in bad publicity through the years, this one feels fine with me. Again, I am Pagan.


Image from the canaanite_paganism mailing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment