Thursday 16 April 2009

Nothing Beats The Original

Peter Sellers in The Pink Panther, 1963: (please read in a French accent)



Mailman passes by Inspector Jacques Clouseau and dog.


Mailman: Does your dog bite?


Clouseau: No.


Mailman tries to pat dog. Dog tries to bite mailman.


Mailman: Monsieur, you said your dog does not bite! Your dog tried to bite me!

Clouseau: That is not my dog.



Classic yet still potent, eh?




On a somewhat related note, I have just finished watching all existing Bring It On "sequels" (except for the coming one, of course). And I must say that, in my opinion, they all pale in comparison to the original. In my 23 years, I have seen very few sequels that were better than the originals: The Lion King II, The Little Mermaid II, Pocahontas II? Come on.

I have to give it to Austin Powers, though. The sequels were better.

5 comments:

  1. "bring it on" sequels...?

    aldrin, has it really come to this?

    :P

    nyehehe!

    -deejay

    ps: ayaw pa rin e. ala na sa options yung name/open id, tapos yung wordpress, "URL contains illegal characters" daw. huhuhu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, what's wrong with Bring It On? The first one was a good movie. And I was a cheerleader once too, haven't I told you? Hehe.

    Hmm...could it be the browser? Open ID works fine with me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "that is not my dog" - lol

    i love it!

    - bestactress

    ReplyDelete
  5. Si bestactress tinanggal pa pangalan.

    Oo nga naman, no? Assumptive kasi. :P

    ReplyDelete