Sunday 2 November 2008

Closing All Hallows

As we end this three day feast of darkness and death; of passing and remembering, I offer this space to a dear friend who passed away this year.

It is true what they say. You never really get over it. You can cope but you can never get over it.


I will miss you, Noel. I wish I had spent more time with you. You know that I wanted to. Fuck work! I wish I had appreciated you more. I am sorry for being grumpy with you all the time back in high school.
And I am sorry it took this long, and at this state, for me to finally find you. It breaks my heart that I never got to see you again after 5 fat years. Do know that you were, and still are one of the bestest best friends I have known. I am sorry that it took me this long to tell you all this.

I shall see you again, brother.
You will always be in my heart. Wait for me at the Great Shade. But not yet.

By the way, I really appreciate you visiting me that night. Thank you for forgiving me. I love you.



Those gone before, you who wish me good, hear me; guide and guard me, and when the time comes, greet me. You are neither blind nor deaf to this life I live; you did yourself once share it. I come to you in love and trust. I seek to honor you.

Ancestors, you who came before us and were the roots of our line, we ask you to come again into our lives so that we may share in your wisdom and love.

Beloved friends who went before us, we ask you to come again into our lives so that we may once again laugh with you and stand strong together through turmoil.

Dearest children who have gone before us, we ask that when you are ready to be reborn you find happiness.

The wheel of the year turns, and as we pass through the darkness together, we ask that the memory of love stay strong and that we can treasure each time that we are together, whether in this life or another.

Prayer by mothercrone

2 comments:

  1. Yup. You will never get over the loss of someone you love. But hopefully, it becomes less and less painful each day. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sir.

    Sometimes I think I've got(ten) over it, but passing by his picture here in my blog just proves me otherwise.

    ReplyDelete