Friday 26 January 2007

The World


I believe in the Old World. I believe in myth, magic, and mystery. In the awe for majesty and respect for simplicity.

I believe in learning. In the sciences. In philosophy, in history. I believe in the undying love for culture and heritage. And class. And grace.

I believe in Civilisation. In her great minds. And mighty wills. And compassionate hearts. In Ramesses II, Plato, Alexander the Great, Boadicea, Julius Caesar, Jesus, Buddha, Confucius, Shakespeare, Jung, Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Karol Wotyła.

I believe in memory. In the Heartland. I believe in one blood, one spirit. I believe in return.

I believe in the dreams of the New Generation. Straightforward, outspoken, and true. I believe in the fervour for liberty and equality. In the growing consciousness of our humanity. In treasuring the world and everything in it. In recognising our commonalities and relishing our diversity.

I believe in hope. In new dawns.

No comments:

Post a Comment